Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Christmas Bird



Sorry it's been a while since my last post, but I've been busy with the holiday season as I'm sure most of you have

I've had some good ideas for new post, but they will have to stay on hold until after Christmas.

I did how ever want to share with you my favorite Christmas bird. Yes as you can see in the picture it's the F-14 Tomcat. Not only is it my favorite Christmas bird, but my favorite bird of all time.

I had the privilege of working on the Tomcat from 1985-1989. I was in Fighter Squadron1 (VF-1 Wolfpack.) During that time I really came to love the plane. It was so majestic and powerful. In flight it was a thing of beauty. I've still yet to find a bird at my feeders with after burners or that could fly beyond the speed of sound. If I ever do see one I'll know that I've either had to much Christmas cheer or I'm not far from the old age home.

I hope this holiday season finds everyone both healthy and happy. From me and my birds here in Ohio we wish all of you a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

2 comments:

Toni said...

A beautiful "bird" indeed! Have a blessed and merry Christmas, bro.
Love,
Pone

Sharon said...

My father-in-law was a naval pilot in both WWII and the Korean War. It's so nice to hear him speak of his love for aircraft.

Burners for your feeders... LOL you are a funny man.